Wednesday 6 March 2013

Hatsan BT65SB .177

I was looking for another .177 PCP after I sold my AT44-10 (.177) So I looked at the Hatsan BT65, wht a Hatsan? because I have always been really happy with them. I only sold the .177 AT' as i was always using the .22, but now I regretted selling the AT' so looked at replacing it. So I chose this.
The AT is quite a compact rifle, and this, is anything but compact. This is a big rifle, in every way, long and a lot heavier. I was worried I had made a mistake, but once I picked it up and shouldered it, all was good. For such a big rifle, it is remakably balanced in the shoulder.
A fully adjustable stock certainly helps. Adjustable for pull length, and height in the shoulder combined with a adjustable comb makes the BT65 "fit" most shooters.
The side bolt, makes for easy reloading, in the shoulder, something a rear bolt cant do. The cocking cycle is very smooth from new and will get even smoother with use.
Another "feature" is the non auto safety. This is something that drives me nuts, I can understand why an auto safety is common place, but I prefer the manual approach. A simple slide, forward for fire and back for safe.
A well designed and functional stock is fitted, with some clean sharp checkering, the forestock is long, so should suit most styles. Coupled with the superb "Quattro" trigger, the ergo's are OK
The built in gauge is accurate and functional, however having to hold the rifle to check the air level, can feel "interesting" as you are kinda looking down the barrel, eek!!! Hence the manual safety!!!
All in all, a great rifle.
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment