Tuesday 19 March 2013

This month.

Well, it's been an interesting month for me, A few new rifles, and some reviews of previous stuff.

I find Air Rifles to be frustrating stuff, we all strive for the perfect tool, but sometimes, just sometimes, you have had it before, just didnt realise it at the time.

The one I regret selling on was the Benjamin Discovery. A simple PCP/Co2 dual fuel rifle, a classic Crosman developed rifle. Very similar in design to the Co2 crosman 2260. A truely great rifle, one I miss, but in the fullness of time, I have grown to realise that, what something costs has little bearing on how good it is.

Another Great Rifle I have let slip through my fingers was the Air Arms S400f Classic, at twice the cost of the "Disco" it aint "cheap" but I believe it to be a fantastic value rifle, it needs nothing, apart from a decent scope.

Both of these were .177's, a calibre I prefer for longer range stuff, I have found that setting the zero at 25 yards seems to work for me.

                                                           My Benjamin Discovery

No comments:

Post a Comment